|| March, 2004
|| USG 6
The Copy Centre Supervisor is accountable to the Administrative Manager and works as a team member with the Departmental Programs Co-ordinator and Graphics Management & Supervisors, for the achievement of planning, directing and co-ordinating the day to day operation of the copy centres. This position also works as a team member with the Director and Graphics Management team to achieve a financially viable position for Graphics.
Nature and Scope
Other positions which report directly to the Administrative Manager:
- Pixel Planet Supervisor & Customer Service Co-ordinator.
UW Graphics is an ancillary operation that must maintain its fiscal viability. It must be competitive, effectively marketing its services, forecast and develop business, and innovate in line with industry trends. As an operation in an industry which is at the forefront of information technology, UW Graphics must be a leader with respect to the converging technologies in multimedia, reprographics, network information services, network based processing, electronic imaging, computer assisted design, digital printing, custom publishing and electronic information access. UW Graphics (http://graphics) provides a range of services to faculty, staff, students and departments including; graphics design, custom publishing, electronic imaging, web course development, web site development, offset printing, copy centre operation, networked printing, photographic services, reprographics, CD production, document processing and document finishing.
Significant Internal & External Relationships:
The Copy Centre Supervisor works as a team member with the Graphics Administration team, Graphics Management & Supervisors, Graphics Shipper/Receiver & Graphics Courier.
Faculty, staff, & student customers, Finance, Central Stores, Watcard Office & Health & Safety Office.
- The supervision of all copy centre staff. The supervision includes, scheduling, discipline, rotation, job evaluation, vacation & time off schedules and hiring & firing.
- Maintain inventory records: Responsible for maintenance and recording of inventory, usage of supplies etc. Prepare inventory sheets and oversee inventory counts and complete financial calculations of inventory value for Copy Centres.
- Copy centre equipment: Update and monitor performance of equipment and services provided by copy centres. Review price schedules for copy centres as necessary. Maintain records and operations of retail copy centres.
- Act as a back up to Administrative team members when needed and ensure coverage through vacations or sickness.
- Customer Service: Monitor and direct the methods used by copy centre staff in provision of good customer service. Determine methods best suited to customer needs and advise staff accordingly. Provide reliable information to customers and resolve customer complaints.
- Ensuring that UW Graphics policies & procedures are followed.
- Instructing new staff and upgrade existing staff on billing procedures.
- Liaison with Watcard office to access their accounting information systems on a daily basis to reconcile all Graphics daily bank deposits and making adjustment entries as necessary to correct problems. Monitor cash over/shorts for each centre.
- Ensure accurate posting of all related debits and credits to the monthly general ledger, correcting any area of discrepancy.
- Assist Administrative Manger by preparing materials for training sessions and creating financial Management reports as needed.
- Schedule/manage part time casual pool for Graphics, ensuring proper training, orchestrating scheduling between all Graphics locations as required, reviewing and submitting payroll time sheets and evaluating work performance for review with each causal staff member.
- Operate cash register and debit/credit system, and perform banking procedures, in the front office, when necessary.
- Assist Departmental Programs Co-ordinator with implementation of marketing plan – i.e: advertising, promotional events, etc. for copy centres.
- Post and export transactions from the Print Management System to Finance in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Graphics IT Manager to resolve problems quickly when software or computer problems, related to the Print Management System occur.
- Maintenance of Graphics department petty cash funds & float.