||April 2, 2014
|Reports to (Job Title):
||Director Commercial Operations
|Jobs Reporting (Job Titles):
||Bombshelter Kitchen Manager
||Federation of Students
Responsible for the oversight and management of the Bombshelter Kitchen. Responsible for supervision of Student Groups Food Events and Campus Bubble/Wasabi.
1. Working with the Director Commercial Operations, will set the nature and scope of the operations of the Bombshelter Kitchen through the annual planning process.
- Develop an annual strategic plan to identify goals and implement strategies
- Prepare termly analysis each year reflecting results of the plan to the Director Commercial Operations, VP Operations and Finance and General Manager
- Supervise the menu development including full analysis of current menu offerings, market analysis, cost analysis and student needs
- Supervise the Bombshelter Kitchen Manager
2. Working with the Director Commercial Operations, will set the nature and scope of the operations of the Campus Bubble/Wasabi through the annual planning process:
- Works with Director Commercial Operations, General Manager, VPOF to develop annual budget for this area
- Identify annual objectives and implement strategies
- Prepare analysis each year in a report to the Director of Commercial Operations, General Manager and VPOF
- Supervise the menu development process for both areas
3. Responsible for all aspects of operations of the Wasabi/Campus Bubble area :
- Recruits, hire, train staff
- Addresses poor performance, attitudinal problems, termination and other employee issues
- Prepares schedules and ensures payroll is accurate for processing
- Provides termly evaluations to all part-time employees
- Annually reviews of all job descriptions to ensure accuracy
- Ensure area is adequately marketed
- Ensure area is adequately stocked
- Ensures staff provide outstanding customer service
4. Work with student groups as a resource regarding food ordering, storing, preparation and delivery to their customers.
- Monitors food preparation/processes for each event to ensure all food safety, Federation and UW policies are followed
- Regularly communicate with Health Inspector to ensure compliance and keep abreast of changing industry standards
- Annually review all processes surrounding food safety within the context of student events.
- Work with Director of Campus Life to ensure student groups are adequately informed of expectations.
- Monitor compliance of standards of these groups and prepare termly report for VPOF and General Manager
- Supervise any part-time staff that assist with this process
5. Work with Plant Operations to ensure all food storage equipment (over 20 pieces of equipment) is properly maintained:
- Prepare a termly report updating on managers on the maintenance of their equipment
- Work with Plant Operations to identify routine maintenance that they do not perform and that they sign off on you performing
- Ensure that there are logs kept of all performed maintenance
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or related experience.
5 years previous experience managing a food outlet. Excellent knowledge of Food Safety and Equipment Safety issues. Outstanding customer service, organization, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills required.
|| Excellent POS programming and back office management
Nature and Scope
Internally, communicates with Marketing, Accounting and IT to support his area. Will work closely with the Director of Commercial Operations to set annual goals for the units under the Food Operations Manager’s supervision. Will work closely with the Director of Campus Life to ensure all student groups follow the appropriate food safety standards. Will be in regular contact with student groups to support their events with regards to any food issues. Externally this position will be in contact with suppliers. Will be in contact with Plant Operations to develop an appropriate schedule of maintenance for equipment.
Level of Responsibility:
The position is responsible and accountable for the overall results of Wasabi/Campus Bubble and Bombshelter Kitchen. Also ensuring that all Food Safety standards are met within the context of this role. Ensure all food storage equipment is properly maintained.
In conjunction with the Director Commercial Operations, responsible and accountable for establishing the priorities for the Campus Bubble/Wasabi outlet and Bombshelter Kitchen Operations. Review and make recommendations to the Director Commercial Operations regarding maintenance of equipment. Review and make recommendations to food procedures for student groups.
Physical and Sensory Demands:
Demands typical of a manager position operating within a retail/service environment which includes most of the hours standing and some heavy lifting.
With the annual turnover of senior executives, there is likely a higher stress level that in a typical environment. Some evenings and weekends will be required based on Student Event Food requirements.